Hmmmmm….I need this so much right now.
1. I’ve made four major moves in the last four years. All of these moves signify accomplishments in my life.
Northampton. Got accepted to my first choice college.
London. Worked my ass off and got to study abroad for a semester.
Back to Cleveland. Graduated from the school of my dreams.
Houston. Starting my life after college trying to figure this shit out. I’m determined to make it work.
2. I am a violinist. I’m good at what I do and i love what I do. I need an outlet for this but I’m happy that it is still apart of my life.
3. I’m really good at reading. lol I’ve read so many books since graduation. Geeky kid for life.
4. I’m proud of myself for keeping my life in perspective. My job is the fucking worse but I’m working my hardest to not let it affect other elements of my life.
5. I think I’m a really good friend and I pride myself on that.
Love, do i have to spell it out?
You’re gone through the night
I close up to cope with all our time apart</
Sooooo in my free time I’ve been writing small pieces to a list of self care tips that Warsan Shire posted on her tumblr. Here are a few:
There is never a need
to destroy to allow fire to ravage your soul leaving in its wake ashes
burning happiness in its path
Was it worth when you felt the anger bubbling?
-“is it worth it?
Replacing what was lost
one glass at a time
My body is again in balance
with the sea
It is like taking in water
tainted with war
it makes us real
Through your nose on the inhale
you smell fear and anxiousness
a hint of self loathing
Exhale through your mouth
taste salt water
It feels as if war has colored all your senses
first to yourself. For all of the times you thought you weren’t enough
when you were plenty
overwhelming, full of love
second to the universe. For thinking you weren’t equipped to thrive.
when the universe is reflected in your being you are nothing less than worthy.
-Remember I am worthy
Remember when my job wasn’t killing me and I wrote everyday.I wanna go back
I wonder if God’s still magic
I wonder if Nas stillmatic
Down under the north it’s still havoc
said every group of friends ever (via ohwaitok)
Congratulations, you’ve made it through another month!
(And almost another year!)
I’m so proud of you for carrying on, when sometimes you didn’t want to.
Happy December! :)
Keep going, you are doing great.